By Roxy Rowe (Staff Writer)
TORONTO, ONT – Canadian Arts and Fashion Awards (CAFA) held a glittering assembly of the country’s fashion elite at the Fairmont Royal York Hotel on Saturday January 31st. Hosted by Joe Zee, Yahoo Style’s Editor-in-Chief of, CAFA honoured outstanding achievement and emerging talent in Canadian fashion.
Now in its second year, CAFA was brought to life in 2013 by Brittney Kuczynski, Jackie Gideon, Susan Hart and philanthropist Vicky Milner. Together, they recognized the importance of supporting Canadian fashion with the objective of enticing talent to work and remain within the country.
CAFA recognizes sovereignty in a country’s unique style. “The culture of a nation is reflected in the many ways that people express themselves and fashion is the visible and collectively accessible means of that self-expression.”
A full-capacity crowd of who’s who in Canadian fashion came out in dazzling style to celebrate the diversity and creativity.
Hollywood actress Elisha Cuthbert stunned the crowd in an amazing Matthew Gallagher wedding dress-inspired number, which complimented her pear shaped diamond engagement ring. A very pregnant Coco Rocha rocked the red carpet in a gorgeous black and white Greta Constantine. Author and columnist Barbara Amiel was spotted in hip-hugging black along with husband, former media baron Conrad Black.
Guests enjoyed an unforgettable evening full of sparkling splendor, including a VIP cocktail reception, a gala dinner and the eagerly awaited After-Party schmooze.
Here are the 2015 CAFA Winners:
- The Hudson’s Bay International Canadian Designer of the Year Award: Erdem Moralioğlu
- The Women’s wear Designer of the Year Award: Mikhael Kale
- The Menswear Designer of the Year Award: Philippe Dubuc
- Fashion Blogger of the Year Award: Tommy Ton
- Vanguard Award Honoree: Joe Zee, Editor-in-Chief of Yahoo Style
- Sephora Image Maker of the Year Award: Tommy Ton
- Model of the Year Award: Anais Pouliot
- Outstanding Achievement Award: Marie Saint Pierre
- Yorkdale Stylist of the Year Award: Zeina Esmail
- The Accessory Designer of the Year Award: Jerome C. Rousseau
For more information about Canadian Arts and Fashion Awards (CAFA)